Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Monsoon...

The road is blocked and I am late
I smile to myself as I adjust my raincoat
I talk to my motorcycle as I urge it to keep thumping away
I laugh at the world in disarray...scrambling to fix what is horribly broken
The inevitability of cold and wet breaks through the shield
200 rupees doesn't buy you much in the form of weather protection these days
I feel like a hydrophobic vegetable in a cellophane bag
The rain keeps coming incessantly
Pedestrians hop, skip and jump over gaping manholes and fallen trees
The urge to abandon my vehicle and move on is strong
The cars try to scare away the clouds by sounding their horns
Motorcycle riders grit their teeth...they've fought this battle before
Some survived...other's wait outside heaven's gate
I for one am not in any sort of hurry because...
The road is blocked and I am late
This is today...and tomorrow this will again be my fate
The road will be blocked...I will be late
Shame...

No comments: